Venison –N- Brats
From field to plate
1 pound wild game meat (or beef)
4 wild game bratwurst (or store bought)
1 tablespoon oil
1 small onion sliced
3 tablespoons garlic minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup water
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cracked pepper
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
4 oz tomato paste
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Cut meat into 1 inch chucks, season and brown on all sides in a hot skillet with 1 tablespoon oil. Remove from skillet.
- Add bratwursts to skillet and brown on all sides, remove from heat and slice into ½ inch slices
- In crockpot or Dutch oven place onions on bottom, topped with the meat
- In bowl mix all reaming ingredients pour over meat and onions
- Cover and cook on low for 8- 10 hours
- Remove from crockpot and serve over rice or pasta.
I love serving with a side of bread to soak up all the delicious broth left in the bottom of the bowl.